Tuesday 15 February 2011

Mr Potato Head



For digital skills 02 we were given the pieces to create a Mr and Mrs Potatohead in Soft Image. We had to move, rotate and scale them within the 3D software, then place them into positions to create an interesting, 3 panel comic strip.


To create my comic strip I used clever duplicating to get another body, rotated it so it was upside down, scaled it so that it was tall and skinny, then textured it in green. I then duplicated the eyes so that he had 3 eyes. I then duplicated some shoes and a pair of arms, and then scaled them, also I textured them along with the body to make them green, and the same skin tone. I turned a spare mouth sideways and then coloured that in blue, to create my alien. To create the overall sci-fi feel to the scene I added in a spotlight pointing it at the alien and gave the light a green glow, thus creating the green lighting effect. After I positioned my camera and got my screen shots I then took the images and put them into a special software specifically for making comic strips, and that's how I created my final piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment